Crab and leek hash
- March 2010
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 20 minutes plus 15 minutes cooking time
March is the last month to enjoy seasonal leeks so make the most of them in this delicious hash recipe that also contains sweet white crab meat.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 36.2g (14.6g saturated)
- 55.2g (2.5g sugars)
- 5 large floury potatoes, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 25g unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large leek, finely sliced
- 100g streaky bacon, finely sliced
- 100g cream cheese
- 300g fresh white crabmeat (see our how-to video below)
- Good pinch of cayenne pepper
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- Place the potato in a pan of cold salted water, bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Drain and return the pan with the potato to the heat to dry out slightly. Set aside.
- Heat the butter and 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a medium frying pan over a medium heat. Add the leek and gently fry for 5 minutes until soft. Add the bacon and fry for a further 5 minutes until beginning to crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan over a high heat and fry the potatoes until golden all over. Season well. Return the leek and bacon to the pan with the cream cheese, crabmeat and cayenne pepper. Cook for 3 minutes more to warm through, stirring occasionally, then stir in the parsley and serve.
Rate & review