Sausages with aubergine bulgar pilaf
- June 2005
- Serves 4
- Ready in 35 minutes
A quick sausage recipe made with aubergines, bulgur wheat and feta cheese.
- 56.2g (19.7g saturated)
- 93.5g (9g sugars)
- 6 good-quality pork sausages
- 2 aubergines, cut into large chunks
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 400g bulgur wheat
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 600ml fresh vegetable stock, hot
- 200g feta, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 220C/fan200C/gas 7. Put the sausages in one half of a roasting tin, and the aubergines in the other. Drizzle the aubergines with 4 tablespoons of the oil and season. Roast for 25 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened. Stir in the bulgar wheat, cinnamon and tomato purée and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, stock and season. Cover, reduce the heat and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed. Set aside for 10 minutes, until the bulgar wheat is tender.
- Divide the bulgur wheat and roasted aubergine between plates. Slice the sausages and add to the plates along with the feta.
Rate & review