Goat’s cheese, green veg and egg pizza
- December 2013
- Serves 2
- Takes 15 minutes to make. 10 minutes to cook
A vegetarian pizza recipe combining a perfect marriage of goat’s cheese, green vegetables, fresh mint and egg – perfect for a midweek meal.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 285g pack Waitrose Minted Green Vegetables, or similar (or use a mix of finely sliced broccoli, leek and spinach with a few mint leaves)
- 440g pack frozen pizza dough (we used The Northern Dough Co. Original Pizza Dough, available from Waitrose, Ocado and Booths), defrosted; or use the equivalent quantity of fresh dough
- 400g passata
- Flour for dusting
- 100g soft goat’s cheese
- 2 large free-range eggs
- Parmesan shavings to serve
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/fan220°C/gas 9. Cook the vegetables according to the packet instructions, then drain.
- Turn out the defrosted pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to 2 x 26-30cm diameter circles. Put the pizza bases on a lined baking tray, then spread 2-3 tbsp passata over each one. Top each with half the veg, then crumble over the goat’s cheese. Bake for 4-5 minutes, then remove and crack an egg onto the centre of each pizza. Return to the oven for another 4-5 minutes until the base is golden and crisp and the egg white is cooked.
- Remove from the oven, then scatter over parmesan and basil leaves, and drizzle with olive oil to serve.
If you can’t find the special packs of minted vegetables, use the same quantity of finely sliced green vegetables with a few fresh mint leaves thrown in. Courgettes and peas work really well in the summer.
Keep leftover passata, covered, in the fridge for up to 3 days. Add to soups, pasta sauces, paella – or make more pizzas.
Rate & review