Crispy lamb, pine nut and raisin topped houmous
- September 2019
- Serves 6-8
- Hands-on time 45 min
Fancy a Med-style feast? This houmous dish has one-upped the classic recipe with the addition of crispy lamb and pine nuts; it’s bound to charm dinner guests.
Not quite the dip for you? Check out this epic houmous bowl with chorizo and crispy kale.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 14.8g (2.4g saturated)
- 10.9g (2.9g sugars)
- Extra-virgin olive oil for frying and drizzling
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 200g British lamb mince
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 x 400g tins organic chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 30g pine nuts, toasted in a dry pan
- 30g golden raisins/sultanas
- A few sprigs fresh flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Hot paprika to serve
You’ll also need…
- Food processor or blender
- Heat a generous drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and gently fry the onion for 10 minutes until soft and translucent. Add the lamb mince, cumin seeds, ground coriander and cinnamon and turn up the heat. Fry for 10-15 minutes until the lamb is crisp and golden.
- Drain the chickpeas (reserve the liquid) and put in a food processor or blender. Add the garlic, juice of 1 lemon, tahini and a good splash of the chickpea liquid, then whizz until creamy. Season to taste, adding more lemon if needed. If it feels thick and/or grainy add a splash more chickpea liquid.
- Serve spooned onto a plate, drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil. Stir the pine nuts and raisins/sultanas into the crispy lamb, then spoon it over the houmous and serve scattered with the parsley and paprika.
Make the humous up to 3 days ahead and keep covered in the fridge.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy vegetarian recipes
Cumin and butter bean houmous & paprika pitta crisps
Healthy, nutritious and delicious. This simple cumin and butter bean houmous recipe is a great...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...