One-pan roast fish
- February 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 35 minutes to cook
Fresh, healthy and full of flavour – this one-pan roast fish recipe is so easy to make.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 7.1g (1.1g saturated)
- 27.5g (6.9g sugars)
- 450g waxy potatoes
- Olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley,
- Leaves of 2 fresh tarragon sprigs
- 4 skinless white fish fillets, such as haddock or pollack
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Peel and slice the potatoes and layer in a roasting tin. Drizzle with olive oil, dot with butter and season. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan over a low heat and fry the onions for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Pile onto the potatoes, then top with tomatoes, parsley, tarragon sprigs and fish fillets. Drizzle with olive oil and the juice of 1 lemon. Season well, top with lemon slices and bake for 10-12 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cod with garlic sweet potato mash and lemon spinach
A quick and healthy fish recipe made with just six ingredients and ready in 25...
March seasonal recipes
Tray-roast salmon and vegetables with crème fraîche and crumbs
Midweek dinner couldn’t be any easier than combining breadcrumb-coated salmon fillets with slice potatoes, broccoli...