Pasta quattro stagioni
- September 2009
- Serves 6
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 25-30 minutes to cook, plus cooling, freezing and defrosting
We’ve transformed the classic Italian pizza – with mushrooms, artichokes, ham and olives – into a deliciously rich and creamy pasta bake recipe.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 58.4g (23g saturated)
- 76.3g (12.9g sugar)
For 6 servings
- 500g pasta, such as fusilli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 x 125g mozzarella balls, shredded
- 280g jar artichoke hearts in olive oil, drained and roughly chopped
- 200g thick-cut ham, shredded
- 75g black olives, pitted
- 200g crème fraîche
- 1 portion Ultimate tomato sauce
- 100g Parmesan or Grana Padano or vegetarian alternative, grated
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water for 5-6 minutes, drain and refresh under cold water. Tip into a large (about 30cm x 20cm) ovenproof dish or tin and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat, add the mushrooms and gently fry for 5 minutes until golden, then add to the dish of pasta and mix together.
- Add the mozzarella, artichokes, ham, olives, crème fraîche and cooled tomato sauce to the dish. Season and mix well. Sprinkle with the Parmesan or Grana Padano, then cover the whole dish with cling film and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Remove the pasta bake from the freezer and defrost completely in the fridge. Remove the cling film, then preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5 and cook the pasta bake for 20 minutes until piping hot and golden. Serve with a green salad.
Use our ultimate tomato sauce recipe as a base.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...