Quick malt vinegar pickle
- August 2021
- 100g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 10 fine green beans, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 corn cob, kernels removed
- ¼ red pepper, finely diced
- 5-6 silverskin pickled onions, quartered
- 6 tbsp malt vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- Put the cauliflower and beans in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold water. Add the corn kernels, red pepper and onions, and mix to combine. In a small non-reactive pan, combine the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Pour the pickling mix over the veg and leave to pickle for 15 minutes (see Make Ahead).
The quick pickled veg will keep, covered in the fridge for 5 days. Add left overs to sandwiches or serve with cold cuts of meat.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...