Quick oven-cooked raspberry jam
- July 2012
- Makes 3 x 300g jars
- Takes 10 mins to make, 30 mins to cook, plus cooling
Debbie Major’s quick jam recipe is made in the oven with just raspberries, sugar and lemon juice in the ingredients list.
- 3g (2.9g sugars)
Per 6g serving
- 500g raspberries
- 500g caster sugar
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Have 3 sterilised jars ready (see know how).
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Spread the raspberries over the base of a large, shallow baking dish; spread the caster sugar in another similar-sized dish. Place them side-by-side in the oven for 30 minutes until they’re both really hot but the raspberries are still holding their shape. Remove the dishes from the oven, quickly and carefully add the sugar to the raspberries with the lemon juice and stir together well to dissolve the sugar.
- Spoon into the warm sterilised jars, cover with waxed discs and seal. Cool, then store in the fridge.
The only downside to this easy, fresh-tasting jam is that it doesn’t keep as long as normal jam – no more than 6-8 weeks in the fridge, unopened (1-2 weeks once opened). It’s slightly runnier, too. It’s wonderful swirled into yogurt, over ice cream or in a Victoria sponge.
To sterilise jam jars preheat the oven to 150°C/fan130°C/gas 2. Wash your jars and lids in hot soapy water, rinse well, then leave to drain briefly. Put the jars upside down into the warm oven and leave for at least 15 minutes before using.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...