Ravioli pasta bake
- October 2016
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 25 min
This quick and easy pasta bake recipe is made with fresh ravioli and classic Italian flavours.
- 27.2g (9.9g saturated)
- 63.8g (25.7g sugars)
- 150g young leaf spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500g tomato pasta sauce
- 2 tbsp mascarpone
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- Small bunch fresh basil, roughly chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 250g fresh chicken ravioli (or your favourite flavour)
- 20g parmesan, finely grated (optional)
You’ll also need…
- 1 litre baking dish
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas 6. Put the spinach in a large colander in the sink and pour over a full kettle of boiling water to wilt. Press as much liquid out of the spinach as possible using a wooden spoon. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium, deep frying pan over a medium heat, then fry the onion for 8-10 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Pour the pasta sauce, mascarpone and tomatoes into the pan with the wilted spinach and mix well.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the basil and ravioli with a good pinch of salt and pepper, then pour into a 1 litre baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes, then top with parmesan, if using, and cook for 5 minutes more. Serve with the extra basil.
Rate & review