Salmon noodle parcels
- July 2021
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 15 min
Barbecue or bake these salmon and noodles parcels, which contain zingy ginger and Thai curry paste for an easy, all-in-one dinner that’s ready in just 15 mins.
Salmon fillets are a midweek staple. Don’t get stuck in a rut…try one of our 13 best-ever salmon fillet recipes.
- 29.9g (5g saturated)
- 51g (8.5g sugars)
- 2 rice noodle nests
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin strips
- 100g mangetout or sugar snaps (or both), halved lengthways
- 1 tsp sunflower oil/sesame oil
- Grated zest and juice 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp Thai red curry paste (we used Bart, from Ocado and Waitrose)
- Pinch of sugar
- 2 sustainable salmon or trout fillets
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced, to serve
You will also need
- 2 x 25cm squares compostable baking paper and foil
- Heat/light the barbecue and spread the coals in an even layer. Soak the noodles in boiled water from the kettle until softened but not tender. Drain, then toss in a bowl with the veg and oil.
- Mix the zest and juice with the garlic, ginger, curry paste and sugar. Add half to the noodles/veg and toss to coat.
- Lay one sheet of foil on the worktop, then line with the baking paper. Put half the noodles/veg in the middle, then top with a salmon fillet. Spread the salmon with half the remaining dressing, sprinkle with sesame seeds, then seal the parcel. Repeat with the remaining foil/baking paper, noodles/ veg, salmon and dressing.
- Put the parcels on the BBQ grill and cook, lid down, for 10-12 minutes – the noodles will become tender and the fish will be lightly steamed. Open the parcels and serve with the sesame seeds, spring onions and extra lime wedges.
Flavour boost For extra crunch, sprinkle over some fried shallots or crispy fried onions before serving.
Easy swaps Switch the red curry paste for green or yellow, depending how spicy you like your food.
Skip the BBQ Heat the oven to 180°C fan/gas 6. Put the fish parcels on a baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes.
Rate & review