Smoked mackerel with warm chickpea salad and harissa dip
- April 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
This speedy salad recipe, with smoked mackerel and chickpeas, is a really quick and tasty weeknight supper.
Wondering what to do with the remaining harissa? We’ve got some nifty ways to use up leftover harissa, here.
- 37g (7.5g saturated)
- 14.9g (4.7g sugars)
- Olive oil for frying and drizzling
- 1 onion
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 200g broccoli florets
- 400g tin chickpeas
- Handful spinach leaves
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- 100g thick natural yogurt
- 4 smoked mackerel fillets
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Toasted flatbreads (optional), to serve
- Heat a little olive oil in a small pan. Finely slice the onion, then fry with the chilli flakes for 10 minutes or until softened. Season well.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pan of salted water to the boil. Blanch the broccoli until tender, then drain and set aside.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then stir through the onions and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the spinach and broccoli, then toss with a drizzle of oil and season well.
- In a small bowl, loosely mix the harissa into the yogurt and season. Divide the chickpea mix among plates, then flake the mackerel fillets on top. Scatter with coriander, then serve with the harissa dip and toasted flatbreads, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...