Blackcurrant, lime and coconut cheesecake slice
- June 2012
- Serves 8
- Hands-on 20 min, oven time 3 min, plus at least 2 hours chilling
The bold flavours of fresh blackcurrant, lime and coconut combine to make this a heavenly no-bake cheesecake slice.
- 46.9g (29.8g saturated)
- 41.9g (28.1g sugars)
- 1.1g fibre
- 150g unsalted butter
- 225g digestive biscuits
- 50g desiccated coconut, toasted
- 1½ tbsp demerara sugar
- 350g prepared blackcurrants
- 165g golden caster sugar
- 200g full-fat cream cheese
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 large lime
- 200g crème fraîche
- Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat. Put the biscuits into a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin into fine crumbs (or whizz briefly in a food processor). Stir them into the melted butter with the coconut and demerara sugar. Press the mixture firmly into the base and up the sides of a 12cm x 35cm rectangular loose-bottomed tart tin. Chill.
- Whizz 200g of the blackcurrants and 50g of the golden caster sugar in a food processor until smooth. Rub through a sieve into a small bowl.
- To make the sauce, gently heat 100g of the blackcurrants in a pan with 40g sugar for 3 minutes until the berries burst. Rub through a sieve into a bowl, then cover and chill.
- Beat the cream cheese, lime zest and remaining 75g sugar in a bowl until smooth, then slowly beat in the lime juice. Fold in the crème fraîche, then the blackcurrant purée. Spoon the mix into the biscuit case and swirl the top. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, remove the cheesecake from the tin. Drizzle the sauce over, scatter with the remaining blackcurrants and serve in slices.
Rate & review