Turkey burgers with pepper and blue cheese sauce
- August 2005
- Serves 6
- Takes 25 minutes to barbecue, plus chilling
This easy recipe for turkey burgers with blue cheese will be gobbled up in seconds at your barbie.
- 24.5g (4.9g saturated)
- 54g (2.7g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 750g turkey mince
- 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- Flour, for binding
- Lettuce, torn to serve
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 6 burger buns
For the pepper and blue cheese sauce
- 1 strip roasted red pepper from a jar, drained
- ½ x 200ml jar mayonnaise
- 30g blue cheese
- Small handful of chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the garlic and shallot. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until softened. Cool on kitchen paper. Put into a bowl, add the mince and breadcrumbs. Season, mix well and divide into 6. Lightly flour your hands, then shape into 6 burgers. Chill for 30 minutes, put into a Tupperware box and then into a cool box.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Chop the peppers and put into a bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise. Crumble in the blue cheese and stir well. Add the parsley and pop into a Tupperware box and put into a cool box. Put the lettuce in a separate box and put in the cool box.
- At the beach, light the barbecue, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Brush the grate with oil. Barbecue the burgers for 12-15 minutes, turning once, until tender. Grill the buns. Put a burger in each bun and top with lettuce and pepper and cheese sauce.
You can also cook the burgers under a hot grill for 15-20 minutes, turning once, until tender.
Rate & review