Veal mince ragù with tagliatelle
- May 2013
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, cook time 1½-2 hours
A rich veal mince ragù, cooked slowly, is a wonderful wintry idea for dinner and it makes a tasty change from beef bolognese.
- 17.2g (9.4g saturated)
- 25.7g (7.7g sugars)
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 300g British rose veal mince
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 150ml white wine
- 250ml beef stock
- 100ml milk
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- 400g cooked fresh tagliatelle
- Grated parmesan
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and gently fry the carrot, onions and celery. Season the veal mince and add to the pan, turning up the heat to brown the meat.
- Stir through the tomato purée and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the white wine and bubble for 2 minutes, then add the beef stock and milk. Bubble gently for 1½-2 hours, adding more stock if it becomes dry.
- Stir through a splash of red wine vinegar, then toss through the tagliatelle. Serve with plenty of grated parmesan.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter