Veal mince ragù with tagliatelle
- May 2013
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, cook time 1½-2 hours
A rich veal mince ragù, cooked slowly, is a wonderful wintry idea for dinner and it makes a tasty change from beef bolognese.
- 17.2g (9.4g saturated)
- 25.7g (7.7g sugars)
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 300g British rose veal mince
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 150ml white wine
- 250ml beef stock
- 100ml milk
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- 400g cooked fresh tagliatelle
- Grated parmesan
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and gently fry the carrot, onions and celery. Season the veal mince and add to the pan, turning up the heat to brown the meat.
- Stir through the tomato purée and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the white wine and bubble for 2 minutes, then add the beef stock and milk. Bubble gently for 1½-2 hours, adding more stock if it becomes dry.
- Stir through a splash of red wine vinegar, then toss through the tagliatelle. Serve with plenty of grated parmesan.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...