Vegan pesto spaghetti with lemon and courgettes
- August 2021
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 10 min
Give vegan pesto spaghetti a summertime twist with lemon zest, broad beans and courgettes. This easy dinner for 2 is all made in one pan, does it get any better?!
Our summer pasta recipes collection is packed with seasonal ideas. Go on, have a browse.
- Vegan recipes
- 47.5g (6.8g saturated)
- 69.7g (9.5g sugars)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium courgette, thinly sliced
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 150g spaghetti
- 50g broad beans, podded
- 50g runner beans, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 1 lemon, zest and juice of ½, the rest cut into wedges
- 50g green olives
- 130g vegan basil pesto – we used Saclà
- Parmesan-style vegan cheese and basil leaves to serve (optional)
You’ll also need
- Medium saucepan or deep-sided sauté pan with a lid
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes until softening. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp oil to the pan, then stir in the courgette and fry for 5 minutes until the edges are charred and the courgette slices are lightly coloured.
- Pour in the stock, stirring to combine, then bring to a simmer and add the spaghetti, broad beans, runner beans and lemon wedges. Simmer on a medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender (al denté).
- Once the pasta has cooked and the stock has reduced, add the green olives and pesto, tossing everything together gently to combine. Serve with the lemon zest and juice, an extra drizzle of olive oil and, if you like, vegan parmesan and basil leaves.
Easy swaps: Make this gluten free by using gluten-free pasta and stock. Substitute any vegetables from the fridge or freezer that you need to use up.
Scale it up: This recipe serves 2. Add extra veg to stretch it to 3, or double the recipe to serve 4.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
This quick and easy cheat’s pesto simply combines regular basil pesto with the subtle flavour...
May seasonal recipes
Easy wholewheat spaghetti with rocket and goat’s cheese pesto
When it comes to pesto, the possibilities are endless – swap the classic recipe for...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...