Cheat’s lemon chicken
- April 2009
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 min to make and 15 min to cook
Recreate a classic Chinese takeaway dish at home with this cheat’s recipe for lemon chicken for two, ready in less than 30 minutes.
Why not kick off your Saturday night Chinese takeaway with these quick homemade spring rolls?
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 free-range, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 pak choi
- A handful of roasted cashew nuts
- 120g pack lemon stir-fry sauce
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 250g pack ready-cooked basmati rice
- 1 large free-range egg, whisked
- A handful fresh coriander leaves
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Heat groundnut oil in a wok or large frying pan. Slice the chicken breasts into strips. Season and stir-fry until browned.
- Quarter the pak choi and stir-fry with the chicken until wilted. Add a handful roasted cashew nuts and pour over the lemon stir-fry sauce and runny honey and stir-fry until the chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat a separate frying pan, add the ready-cooked basmati rice and fry until warmed through. Make a well in the centre and pour in the whisked egg. Cook a little, then scramble through the rice. Stir in a handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Divide the rice between plates, top with the chicken and sprinkle with lemon zest.
Rate & review