Cheat’s lemon chicken
- April 2009
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 free-range, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 pak choi
- A handful of roasted cashew nuts
- 120g pack lemon stir-fry sauce
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 250g pack ready-cooked basmati rice
- 1 large free-range egg, whisked
- A handful fresh coriander leaves
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Heat groundnut oil in a wok or large frying pan. Slice the chicken breasts into strips. Season and stir-fry until browned.
- Quarter the pak choi and stir-fry with the chicken until wilted. Add a handful roasted cashew nuts and pour over the lemon stir-fry sauce and runny honey and stir-fry until the chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat a separate frying pan, add the ready-cooked basmati rice and fry until warmed through. Make a well in the centre and pour in the whisked egg. Cook a little, then scramble through the rice. Stir in a handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Divide the rice between plates, top with the chicken and sprinkle with lemon zest.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...