Cheese, apple and walnut toastie
- March 2022
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 10-15 min
Give your regular cheese toastie a makeover with this irresistible recipe. Load golden, buttered toast with cheese, kimchi, apple and walnuts.
Got an open jar of kimchi to use up? Try our roast chicken, cheese and kimchi toastie recipe next.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 50.2g (23.1g saturated)
- 41.8g (7.2g sugars)
- 1 streaky bacon rasher (optional)
- Butter, softened, to spread
- 2 thick slices bloomer or country-style bread
- 60g kimchi or sauerkraut, drained and chopped
- ¼ apple, skin on, thinly sliced
- 75g grated cheese (comté, cheddar or gruyère are great, but choose your favourite)
- 20g walnuts, roughly chopped
- If you’re including bacon in your toastie, heat a frying pan and cook until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
- Spread butter over both slices of bread, then turn one slice over and top with the kimchi, apple, cheese, walnuts and bacon (if using). Sandwich together with the remaining bread so both buttered sides are facing out.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the sandwich for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the cheese has melted and the bread is golden.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...