Feta, spinach, pea and sweetcorn pie
- June 2021
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
Our easy feta, spinach, pea and sweetcorn pie is topped with golden filo pastry. With just 15 mins prep time, it’s a great vegetarian pick for lunches and picnics.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 27.6g (10.1g saturated)
- 42.5g (3.3g sugars)
- 130g frozen spinach, defrosted
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 sweetcorn cobs, kernels sliced off (or 50g frozen sweetcorn, defrosted)
- 3 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- Small pinch grated nutmeg
- 200g feta, roughly crumbled
- Small bunch mint, roughly chopped
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 7 filo pastry sheets (we used Jus-Rol)
- Olive oil for brushing
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat the oven to 180ºC fan/gas 6. Squeeze the spinach in a sieve with the back of a wooden spoon to remove as much moisture as possible, then put in a large bowl with the peas, sweetcorn, eggs, nutmeg, feta and mint. Season with black pepper and a little salt, add the lemon zest and juice, then mix well.
- Lay a sheet of filo in the base of the pan/tin, brush with olive oil, then add the remaining sheets, brushing with oil as you go and fanning them out so the pan/tin is evenly covered with a large (about 12-15cm) overhang all round.
- Spoon the filling into the pan/tin, then fold the overhanging pastry over the filling, scrunching to give a ruffled top. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Cook on the hob, on a medium heat, for 5 minutes to crisp the base of the pie, then bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and firm to the touch. If the top browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil. Remove the pie and allow to cool. Serve as is, or with a big dollop of aioli.
Pack and go: Wrap the pie whole or cut into slices and transport in individual lidded containers.
Rate & review