Feta, spinach, pea and sweetcorn pie
- June 2021
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
Our easy feta, spinach, pea and sweetcorn pie is topped with golden filo pastry. With just 15 mins prep time, it’s a great vegetarian pick for lunches and picnics.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 27.6g (10.1g saturated)
- 42.5g (3.3g sugars)
- 130g frozen spinach, defrosted
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 sweetcorn cobs, kernels sliced off (or 50g frozen sweetcorn, defrosted)
- 3 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- Small pinch grated nutmeg
- 200g feta, roughly crumbled
- Small bunch mint, roughly chopped
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 7 filo pastry sheets (we used Jus-Rol)
- Olive oil for brushing
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat the oven to 180ºC fan/gas 6. Squeeze the spinach in a sieve with the back of a wooden spoon to remove as much moisture as possible, then put in a large bowl with the peas, sweetcorn, eggs, nutmeg, feta and mint. Season with black pepper and a little salt, add the lemon zest and juice, then mix well.
- Lay a sheet of filo in the base of the pan/tin, brush with olive oil, then add the remaining sheets, brushing with oil as you go and fanning them out so the pan/tin is evenly covered with a large (about 12-15cm) overhang all round.
- Spoon the filling into the pan/tin, then fold the overhanging pastry over the filling, scrunching to give a ruffled top. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Cook on the hob, on a medium heat, for 5 minutes to crisp the base of the pie, then bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and firm to the touch. If the top browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil. Remove the pie and allow to cool. Serve as is, or with a big dollop of aioli.
Pack and go: Wrap the pie whole or cut into slices and transport in individual lidded containers.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...