French mild goat’s cheese with plums in lavender syrup
- September 2007
- 200g granulated sugar
- 10 fresh lavender heads, washed
- Pared zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 8 ripe plums, halved and stoned
- 1 brioche loaf, thickly sliced
- 150g French mild goat’s cheese (from Tesco or Sainsbury’s)
- Put the sugar, 100ml water, lavender, lemon zest and juice and into a pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Place the plums in bowls and drizzle with the syrup. Toast the brioche, spread with the goat’s cheese and serve with the plums.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...