French mild goat’s cheese with plums in lavender syrup
- September 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
French mild goat’s cheese with plums in lavender syrup and toasted brioche is simplicity itself to make and it tastes wonderful.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 200g granulated sugar
- 10 fresh lavender heads, washed
- Pared zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 8 ripe plums, halved and stoned
- 1 brioche loaf, thickly sliced
- 150g French mild goat’s cheese (from Tesco or Sainsbury’s)
- Put the sugar, 100ml water, lavender, lemon zest and juice and into a pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Place the plums in bowls and drizzle with the syrup. Toast the brioche, spread with the goat’s cheese and serve with the plums.
Rate & review