- May 2011
- Serves 6
- Takes 20 min to make, 5 min to cook, plus overnight marinating
Fancy pickling your own radishes? Then scroll on to find out how to pickle radishes – they’re a delicious accompaniment to a ceviche.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 175g French breakfast radishes
- 3cm piece of fresh ginger
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 1 star anise
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- Trim and thinly slice the radishes lengthways, then slice the ginger into fine strips. Put both in a bowl.
- Heat a small pan over a medium-low heat, add the spices, toast for a minute or so, then add the chilli, sugar, vinegar and salt. Simmer gently to dissolve.
- Stir this into the radishes, cover and put in the fridge overnight to mellow. Serve with seafood.
Try using cider vinegar or red wine vinegar to give the radishes a different flavour.
The radishes will keep for 2-3 days.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
April seasonal recipes
Pickled radishes with pea and broad bean houmous and knackebrod
Next time you’re expecting guests, pickle some radishes and serve them with a spring vegetable...