Pork and black pudding sausage rolls
- February 2016
- Makes 20
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 20 min
The addition of black pudding, rosemary and walnuts gives extra richness to these easy black pudding sausage rolls. And they only take 35 minutes to make!
Whether it’s the perfect party canapé, lunchtime snack or as pack-away picnic fare, we’ve got plenty of sausage roll recipes to choose from.
- 10.4g (3.9g saturated)
- 6.7g (0.4g sugars)
Per sausage roll
- 320-350g packet ready rolled all-butter puff pastry
- 400g British free-range sausage meat
- 200g skinned and chopped black pudding
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 50g finely chopped toasted walnuts
- A big pinch of ground mace or nutmeg
- A big pinch of salt and lots of pepper
- 1-2 free range beaten eggs
- Unroll the pastry and cut it in half lengthways.
- Mix the sausage meat with the black pudding, rosemary, walnuts and mace (or nutmeg if using) salt and pepper.
- Mix well with your hands then shape in to 2 cylinders the same length as the pastry strips.
- Lay a cylinder down the centre of each strip, brush one long edge with the beaten egg, fold the pastry over the filling and press the edges together, then crimp with a fork and seal.
- Cut each one in to 10 equal lengths. Put on a baking paper-lined baking tray and brush with more beaten egg. Bake at 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 for 20 minutes or until puffed up and richly golden.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...