- December 2011
- Serves 8
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 1 hour 45 minutes to cook
This easy potato gratin recipe is a herby accompaniment to a meat joint. It uses vegetarian Parmesan, making it suitable for veggies.
- 38g (23g saturated)
- 43.1g (3.4g sugars)
- 2.2kg floury potatoes, peeled
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 60g vegetarian Parmesan, grated
- 100g Cheddar, grated
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- 600ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/fan150°C/gas 3. Dice the potatoes into 2cm cubes and mix with the onion, flour, cheeses and parsley. Season well, then tip into a large ovenproof dish (about 30cm x 24cm x 5.5cm deep). Pour over the double cream.
- Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes until it’s bubbling and golden and the potatoes are cooked. If it browns too quickly, cover the dish loosely wit
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Creamy potato and onion gratin
Serve this sensational creamy potato and onion gratin recipe with roast beef.