- December 2011
- Serves 8
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 1 hour 45 minutes to cook
This easy potato gratin is the perfect side dish recipe for Sunday lunch. It uses vegetarian Parmesan, making it suitable for veggies.
Take your creamy spud game to the next level with our ultimate dauphinois potato recipe.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 38g (23g saturated)
- 43.1g (3.4g sugars)
- 2.2kg floury potatoes, peeled
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 60g vegetarian Parmesan, grated
- 100g Cheddar, grated
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- 600ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/fan150°C/gas 3. Dice the potatoes into 2cm cubes and mix with the onion, flour, cheeses and parsley. Season well, then tip into a large ovenproof dish (about 30cm x 24cm x 5.5cm deep). Pour over the double cream.
- Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes until it’s bubbling and golden and the potatoes are cooked. If it browns too quickly, cover the dish loosely wit
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Creamy potato and onion gratin
Serve this sensational creamy potato and onion gratin recipe with roast beef.