Speedy mackerel pâté
- February 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
Find out how to make smoked mackerel pâté with our quick-fix recipe. It would make a sensational speedy starter at your next dinner party and is so tasty that no one will guess it takes just 15 minutes to make!
This mackerel and beetroot salad combination would also make a lovely, bright starter, too.
- 22g (6.5g saturated)
- 40.4g (5.3g sugars)
- 240g pack of peppered smoked mackerel fillets (skin removed)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp drained capers
- 180g Philadelphia Light cream cheese
- ½ bunch of fresh parsley or dill
- 2 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 8 slices of sourdough toast
- In a food processor whizz the mackerel fillets, the lemon juice and zest, capers, cream cheese, parsley or dill and creamed horseradish. Taste and season, then scrape into a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with extra chopped herbs, lemon zest and black pepper. Serve with 2 slices of sourdough toast per person.
Serve the pâté with sourdough toast for a light lunch or pile on top of a buttery baked potato instead of tuna.
The pâté can be made up to 48 hours in advance. Keep in a sealed container in the fridge.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Make-ahead Christmas starters
Mackerel pâté with quick-pickled radishes and spelt
Homemade mackerel paté is an easy but impressive starter, that takes very little time to...
Make-ahead Christmas dinner recipes
Clodagh Mckenna’s smoked mackerel and dill pâté with fennel crispbreads
Clodagh Mckenna’s easy smoked mackerel and dill pâté recipe makes an elegant starter for a...