Spiced prawns with new potatoes
- July 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 min to make and 20 min to cook
A low-fat, low-calorie spicy prawn dish that’s nutritious, comforting and quick to make. Use raw king prawns for a touch of luxury.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 6.7g (1g saturated)
- 21.1g (4.8g sugar)
- 400g new potatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ras el hanout
- Good pinch of cayenne pepper
- 75ml white wine
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 300g raw king prawns, peeled but with tail shells intact
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 5 minutes, then drain. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the shallots and spices for 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and reduce by half. Add the tomatoes and potatoes, season and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the prawns and bubble for 3-4 minutes until the prawns are cooked. Stir in the coriander and serve.
For a milder prawn and potato dish, omit the ras el hanout and cayenne pepper and add 1 tbsp sweet paprika. Swap the wine for crème fraîche and use parsley instead of coriander.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy salad recipes
New potatoes, king prawns and chorizo with tomato and chilli
Clever time-saving ingredients makes this prawn recipe a great midweek meal option.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...