Thyme-scented strawberry and ricotta pancakes
- June 2014
- Makes 12
- Ready in 15 minutes
Try these light little pancakes warm with a dollop of cream or honey as a dessert or with a cuppa with friends.
- 4.5g (2.4g saturated)
- 8.8g (3.9g sugars)
- 250g ricotta
- 100ml whole milk
- 2 large free-range eggs, separated
- 75g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Knob of butter and a little sunflower oil for frying
- 12 strawberries, sliced
- Softly whipped cream and clear honey to serve
- Beat together the ricotta, milk and egg yolks, then add the flour and caster sugar and stir to make a smooth batter.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric whisk to beat the egg whites until stiff. Carefully fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Heat a little butter and oil in a large non-stick pan and drop large spoonfuls of the batter into the pan. As the pancakes are cooking, arrange the slices of strawberry on top of the uncooked side. Once set and golden underneath, turn them over and cook for a further couple of minutes until cooked through. Serve strawberry-side up with whipped cream (see tips) and a drizzle of honey.
You need a good non-stick pan to prevent the strawberries from sticking while they cook. If you prefer, just fold the sliced strawberries into the batter with the egg whites.
Rate & review