Thyme-scented strawberry and ricotta pancakes
- June 2014
- Makes 12
- Ready in 15 minutes
Ricotta pancakes are a true crowd pleaser and these ones – filled with strawberries and drizzled with thyme-scented syrup – are no exception. Eat them warm with a dollop of cream or honey, either as a dessert or to accompany a cuppa with friends.
Looking for a healthier way to celebrate Pancake Day? Try these healthy banana pancakes with fruity berry compôte.
- 4.5g (2.4g saturated)
- 8.8g (3.9g sugars)
- 250g ricotta
- 100ml whole milk
- 2 large free-range eggs, separated
- 75g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Knob of butter and a little sunflower oil for frying
- 12 strawberries, sliced
- Softly whipped cream and clear honey to serve
- Beat together the ricotta, milk and egg yolks, then add the flour and caster sugar and stir to make a smooth batter.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric whisk to beat the egg whites until stiff. Carefully fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Heat a little butter and oil in a large non-stick pan and drop large spoonfuls of the batter into the pan. As the pancakes are cooking, arrange the slices of strawberry on top of the uncooked side. Once set and golden underneath, turn them over and cook for a further couple of minutes until cooked through. Serve strawberry-side up with whipped cream (see tips) and a drizzle of honey.
You need a good non-stick pan to prevent the strawberries from sticking while they cook. If you prefer, just fold the sliced strawberries into the batter with the egg whites.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sweet pancake recipes
Ricotta pancakes with roast grapes and pomegranate molasses
This pancake recipe is really something special and a great alternative to traditional pancakes. They...
Sweet pancake recipes
Ricotta pancakes with spiced pear and bacon butter
Sweet and salty with a hint of spice, these fluffy ricotta pancakes with bacon are...
July seasonal recipes
Ricotta and buttermilk pancakes with blueberry and orange butter
Breakfast, brunch or pudding – this blueberry ricotta pancake recipe never goes amiss. Whip a...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...