Sweetcorn with pancetta, rosemary and garlic butter
- August 2018
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 25 min, plus chilling
Yes, hot sweetcorn slathered with salty butter is good but have you tried hot sweetcorn smothered with a pancetta, rosemary and garlic butter? It is divine!
- 20.3g (10g saturated)
- 8g (2g sugars)
- 6 pancetta slices, finely chopped
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves stripped and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- Vegetable oil to rub
- Cook the pancetta in a frying pan over a high heat for 1 minute on each side until beginning to crisp. Add the rosemary and garlic and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant and the pancetta is very crisp. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Put the butter in a bowl, add the cooled pancetta mix and stir to combine. Chill for 20 minutes. Once firm enough to handle, spoon onto a sheet of cling film and roll up into a long cylinder, twisting the ends tightly. Wrap in more cling film and chill until firm (see make ahead).
- Light a barbecue or heat a griddle pan. When the coals are glowing white or the pan is hot, peel back the husks from the corn and cut off or tie back with string. Rub the corn cobs all over with the oil, then grill for 8-10 minutes, turning, until charred and tender. Spread with the flavoured butter and eat straightaway.
The butter will keep, well wrapped, for up to 48 hours in the fridge or up to
1 month in the freezer.
A sunny white from hot Sicily has the right balance – try a fiano.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...