Thai vegetable curry with coconut chilli cauliflower
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 25 min
A great-tasting low-calorie Thai vegetable curry with roasted cauliflower. This recipe is great if you’re doing the 5:2 diet; with just 250 calories per serving.
We’ve got lots more recipes like this for you to try too, take a look at our lower-calorie dinner recipes.
- 4.4g (1.1g saturated)
- 19.6g (16.4g sugars)
- 185g cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp light olive oil
- 1½ tsp Thai spice mix (we used Schwartz Thai 7 Spice seasoning)
- 300ml unsweetened coconut milk drink (Plenish or Innocent both taste good)
- 350g pack mixed stir-fry vegetables
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 large lime
- 2 handfuls mixed herbs (or use a mix of coriander and Thai basil/sweet basil)
- 80g radishes, sliced
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Toss the cauliflower with the oil and a little salt and pepper in a roasting tin and roast for 20 minutes until golden, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, put the spice mix and milk drink in a pan over a medium heat and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring constantly to make sure it doesn’t boil. Cover with a lid, then turn the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes until it smells fragrant.
- Add the stir-fry vegetables to the hot milk, then cook for 5 minutes more until the veg is tender. Stir in the fish sauce, lime zest and juice, a pinch each of salt and pepper and half the mixed herbs. Divide the roast cauliflower between 2 dishes, spoon over the sauce and veg, add the sliced radish and remaining herbs, then serve.
The roasted cauliflower is like a chunky low-carb rice. Serve it as a side with your favourite chilli or curry for a lighter alternative.
By nutritionist Amanda Ursell: For a protein-boost, add 240g cooked chicken breast chunks in step 3. The calories per person only increase to 426kcal and total fat to 14.6g (sat fat 5.1g) but the amount of protein rises to 25.6g, which will help keep you feeling satisfied for longer. Amanda is the nutrition editor of our sister magazine, Healthy Food Guide.
Rate & review