Tomato, peach and cumin salad
- August 2005
- 2 ripe peaches
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 8 fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- Feta or goat’s cheese, to serve
- You need to skin the peaches and tomatoes in the same way. Score the stalk ends with an ‘X’. Plunge them into boiling water for 20 seconds, then transfer to cold water. As soon as they are cool enough to handle, peel away the skins. Stone and cut the peaches into wedges, then deseed and cut the tomatoes into wedges, too. Transfer both to a bowl.
- Heat a frying pan or wok and dry-fry the cumin seeds for about 30 seconds, until they start to smell roasted – you can’t mistake the aroma. Roughly crush in a pestle and mortar and add them to the tomatoes and peaches with the garlic.
- Whisk the lemon juice and olive oil with some salt and freshly ground black pepper into a salad dressing, and toss through the salad. Allow the salad to sit for a good hour or so.
- To serve, garnish with mint and some crumbled feta or goat’s cheese that has been drizzled with olive oil.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...