Cheat’s spiced miso and dumpling soup
- February 2010
- 1 litre good-quality fresh chicken or vegetable stock
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 3 tbsp miso paste
- 115g pack dim sum dumplings
- 300g pack mixed stir-fry vegetables
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 160g dried udon noodles
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- Place the chicken stock and ginger in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Whisk in the miso paste, then add the dumplings and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the stir-fry vegetables and chilli and simmer for a further 2 minutes until just tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a separate pan of boiling water for 6 minutes or according to the pack instructions, then drain and divide between 2 bowls.
- Pour the soup and dumplings over the noodles and top with the shredded spring onion. Serve with soy sauce and lime wedges, if you like.
For a veggie option, substitute pan fried marinated tofu.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter