Cheat’s spiced miso and dumpling soup
- February 2010
- 1 litre good-quality fresh chicken or vegetable stock
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 3 tbsp miso paste
- 115g pack dim sum dumplings
- 300g pack mixed stir-fry vegetables
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 160g dried udon noodles
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- Place the chicken stock and ginger in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Whisk in the miso paste, then add the dumplings and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the stir-fry vegetables and chilli and simmer for a further 2 minutes until just tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a separate pan of boiling water for 6 minutes or according to the pack instructions, then drain and divide between 2 bowls.
- Pour the soup and dumplings over the noodles and top with the shredded spring onion. Serve with soy sauce and lime wedges, if you like.
For a veggie option, substitute pan fried marinated tofu.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Five-spice roast pork with miso soup
A warming bowlful of Chinese-style pork soup recipe that makes a filling but very healthy...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...