Lemongrass and chilli prawns with avocado bean salsa
- August 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, plus chilling
Combine spicy prawns with an avocado and butterbean salsa for a speedy midweek meal that’s on the table in twenty minutes.
- 22g (4.3g saturated)
- 17.4g (2.2g sugars)
- 1kg frozen peeled sustainable king prawns, defrosted
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Finely grated zest 2 limes, plus extra wedges to serve
For the avocado and bean salsa
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 x 400g tins butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- Large bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked and roughly chopped, a little set aside to serve
- Juice 2 limes
- Flatbreads and lime wedges
- Put all the ingredients for the prawns into a mixing bowl, season with pepper, then gently mix until well combined. Cover the bowl with cling film and chill for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, roughly mash the avocados, then stir in all the remaining salsa ingredients and season well.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat. Season the prawns with salt, then tip them and their marinade into the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes until pink and cooked through. Serve with the salsa with a little coriander sprinkled over, flatbreads and lime wedges to squeeze over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Nutty avocado and mango salad with soy and lime dressing
This healthy vegan avocado salad is packed with the flavours of south east Asia –...