- October 2008
- Serves 8-10
- Hands on time 10 mins, plus 15-20 mins baking time
These are a healthy and delicious twist on a Scottish classic – a quick and easy oaty shortbread recipe that won’t disappoint.
- 5.2g (3g saturated)
- 6g (3.8g sugars)
- 275g porridge oats or oat flakes
- 100g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 150g caster sugar
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 level tsp salt
- 225g butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Whizz the oats in a food processor until quite fine. Add the remaining ingredients and whizz again until the dough comes together.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of about 5mm. Cut into any shape with cookie cutters and place on baking trays (no need to grease or line).
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until pale golden and slightly firm. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...