Rhubarb Aperol spritz
- April 2013
- Serves 6
- takes 30 minutes to make plus cooling and chilling
Bright pink and fizzy, this rhubarb and Aperol spritz cocktail makes the perfect pre-dinner tipple.
- 600g forced rhubarb
- 80g caster sugar
- 150ml clear apple juice
- 300ml Aperol
- Cut the rhubarb into small pieces and place in a pan with 80g caster sugar and 150ml clear apple juice. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain through a fine sieve, then put back on the heat to reduce to about 200ml.
- Cool the syrup completely, then chill.
- Take 6 wine glasses and, into each, pour 2 measures of Aperol to 1 measure of rhubarb syrup, then top up with chilled prosecco. Stir, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Crab and avocado tortillas
These canapés from Jason Atherton taste as good as they look. If you don’t have...