Sausage and kale gnocchi bake
- November 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 15 min
Easy to make and quick to cook, this sausage and kale gnocchi bake is the ultimate in midweek comfort food.
We’ve got lots more recipes like this, take a look at all our gnocchi recipes.
- 18.9g (7.1g saturated)
- 38.3g (4g sugars)
- 200g curly kale
- 400g potato gnocchi
- 1 small onion
- Olive oil for frying
- 3 good-quality British free-range pork sausages
- 200g passata
- Large handful fresh basil leaves
- 100g fontina cheese or mozzarella
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ fan180°C/gas 6. Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Shred the kale (if necessary), then drop into the water with the gnocchi and cook for 30 seconds. Drain and rinse both under cold water.
- Finely chop the onion. Heat a little oil in a large frying pan, then crumble in the meat from the sausages (discard the skins). Add the chopped onion and fry for 7 minutes or until just soft. Add the passata and basil leaves and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Toss the kale and gnocchi through the sausage mixture, then transfer to a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish. Tear over the cheese and season with salt and pepper, then bake for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
You can add all sorts of extras here. We like chopped chorizo for a spicy hit, or a tin of butter beans.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...