Speedy pepper, olive and tomato tart
- September 2005
- Serves 2
- Ready in 30 minutes
All you need is 30 minutes and a few shop-bought ingredients to create this red pepper tart recipe that’s great for lunch or dinner.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 375g pack fresh, ready-rolled puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons tapenade
- 185g jar roasted red peppers
- 125g tub bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls)
- 2 ripe, quartered plum tomatoes
- Good handful of wild rocket
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan180C/gas 6. Unroll puff pastry, cut in half and place on a baking sheet. You can freeze the rest.
- Spread tapenade over the pastry, leaving a small border all around. Drain roasted red peppers (reserve some of the oil), roughly slice, and scatter over the tart. Top with bocconcini drained, and season with black pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Top with the plum tomatoes and bake for a further 10 minutes, or until the pastry is cooked and golden.
- Scatter with wild rocket, drizzle with the reserved oil and cut in half to serve.
Freeze any puff pastry that you don’t use.
Rate & review