Sweet and spicy nuts
- January 2021
- Makes 600g
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 10-15 min
These homemade honey-roasted sweet and spicy nuts come with a kick of chilli. Serve them with warming winter cocktails or wrap as festive gifts.
Or, if you’re nuts about honey, try this recipe for honey and pine nut nougat – it’s also great as a gift (if you can stop yourself from eating it all…)
- 16.7g fat (1.6g saturated)
- 4.3g protein
- 2.8g carbs (2.6g sugars)
- 1.4g fibre
- 0.2g salt
- 400g walnut halves
- 200g blanched hazelnuts (see tip)
- 3-4 tbsp runny honey, English if you can find it
- ½-1 tsp hot chilli powder or flakes
- Sea salt flakes
You’ll also need
- Large baking tray lined with compostable baking paper
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Spread the nuts in a single layer over the prepared tray and roast in the hot oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with honey, scatter over the chilli and season with sea salt flakes and black pepper. Toss to coat well, then return to the oven for 5-10 minutes until golden and roasted to your liking. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool, wrap bags of the nuts as gifts, or store in an airtight container.
We used nuts grown in the UK, but choose whatever type you fancy. If you’re making the nuts to give away, wrap in twists of compostable baking paper
tied with string.
Once roasted and cooled, the nuts will keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...