Goat’s cheese and soft-boiled egg noodle salad
- June 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Half a dozen eggs can be a midweek lifesaver – they’re quick, healthy and so versatile. Combined with noodles, green vegetables and crunchy seeds they make an easy, filling dinner.
Check out this prawn noodle salad too, drizzled in a coriander and peanut dressing, for another speedy meal.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 57.1g fat (15.3g saturated)
- 30.6g protein
- 53.1g (9.3g sugars)
- A glug of olive oil
- 1 head broccoli florets
- 160g sugar snap peas
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 100g mixed seeds
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 6 medium free-range eggs
- 250g egg noodles (or buckwheat noodles)
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 150g goat’s cheese
- 2 sliced avocados
- Heat a large frying pan with a glug of olive oil, then add the broccoli and 50ml water and fry on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the sugar snap peas and 1 tbsp of soy sauce. Fry for 2-3 minutes until tender but still crunchy. Set the veg aside in a large salad bowl. Add a little more olive oil to the pan, then toast the seeds for 1-2 minutes until starting to colour. Add 1 tbsp soy sauce and honey. Cook for 1 minute or until the seeds are sticky. Tip into a bowl and leave to cool.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then add the eggs. Boil for 6 minutes, then remove them (keep the water boiling) and run under cold water until cold. Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water for 3-4 minutes until cool.
- Toss the noodles with the veg, a squeeze of lemon juice and a glug of olive oil. Crumble over the goat’s cheese and sliced avocados. Peel the eggs, halve and add to the salad. Scatter over the cooled seeds to serve.
The spiced mixed seeds are great eaten as snacks. If you don’t need them all, keep them stored in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegan dinner recipes
Green noodle and tofu salad with ginger and tamari dressing
Change up your salad game with this Asian-inspired recipe. On the table and ready to...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...