Baked potatoes stuffed with bacon, cheese and chives
- November 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min, oven time 1 hour
Easy comfort food doesn’t come in a finer form than a baked potato. Stuff it with bacon, cheese and soured cream and dig in!
Want something a little lighter? Make sure to check out these healthier loaded potato skins.
- 31.7g (18.5g saturated)
- 43.8g (3.4g sugars)
- 4 baking potatoes (we used king edwards)
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- 100g British free-range bacon lardons
- 80g unsalted butter, cubed
- 80g grated cheddar, plus an extra 2 tbsp for topping
- 4 tbsp soured cream, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp chopped chives, plus extra to serve
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Rinse the potatoes, then sprinkle all over with sea salt. Put the potatoes directly onto the oven shelf and bake for about 1 hour until crisp on the outside and soft inside when tested with a skewer.
- Meanwhile, fry the lardons in a non-stick frying pan until crisp.
- Once the potatoes are ready, turn the oven to grill, remove the potatoes from the oven and transfer to a baking tray. Slice off the tops (hold the potatoes steady using a clean tea towel), then carefully scoop the soft potato centres into a bowl. Add the butter, 80g cheese and soured cream to the bowl and mix well. Stir in the chives and lardons, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Stuff the cheesy filling back into the potato shells, then top with the extra cheese.
- Grill the potatoes for 10 minutes until golden and bubbling hot. Serve with the extra soured cream and chives.
Assemble the potatoes up to a day ahead, then cover and chill. Heat through in a hot oven for 20-25 minutes to serve.
Rate & review