- April 2012
- Serves 8
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 30-35 minutes to cook
Looking for a new and interesting vegetable accompaniment to your roast? Try this simple but flavoursome braised chicory.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 5.3g (3.3g saturated)
- 0.7g (0.3g sugars),
- 4-6 chicory, halved, or quartered if large
- 50g butter
- Splash of dry white wine
- 150ml vegetable stock, hot
- 2 tbsp finely chopped flatleaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Put the chicory, cut-side up, in an ovenproof dish. Dot all over with the butter and splash over the wine and stock.
- Season with black pepper and a little salt, then cover with foil. Cook for 20-25 minutes, then remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes until really tender. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
Rate & review