- April 2021
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 20 min
Some things are meant to be kept to yourself – like this ultimate fry-up sandwich. It’s perfect as a solo power breakfast or hangover brunch (or you can gobble it up late at night – we won’t tell!)
Alternatively, check out our healthier fry-up recipe for two.
- 50.7g (16.5g saturated)
- 57.1g (20.5g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 outdoor-reared British back bacon rashers
- 1 large free-range egg
- 2 slices brioche bread, toasted
- 2-3 tbsp beetroot ketchup or other ketchup/brown sauce
- 50g cooked beetroot, grated
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a small frying pan. Fry the bacon over a medium heat, turning occasionally, until cooked to your liking. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm.
- Increase the heat to high, add the remaining 1 tbsp oil to the pan and fry the egg for 2-3 minutes (for a runny yolk).
- To assemble, spread the toasted bread with the ketchup/sauce, add the grated beetroot and bacon, then the egg. Slice and enjoy with more ketchup on the side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...