Peanut butter brownies
- January 2019
- Makes 24
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 16 min, plus cooling
Gooey, rich chocolate brownies made better with a swirl of salty peanut butter. The perfect brownies for peanut butter fans.
- 250g unsalted butter, cubed
- 300g dark chocolate (70 per cent cocoa solids), roughly chopped
- 80g good quality cocoa powder
- 400g caster sugar
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 130g plain flour, sifted
- 200g crunchy peanut butter
You’ll also need…
- 20cm x 30cm brownie tin, greased and lined with non-stick baking paper
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Melt the butter and chocolate in a small saucepan and set over a low heat. Remove from the heat, sift over the cocoa powder then beat together until smooth and glossy. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer to whisk the sugar and eggs until pale, creamy and the beaters leave a ribbon-like trail when raised from the batter. Add the chocolate mixture and fold together until smooth using a rubber spatula.
- Fold in the flour. Pour the batter into the tin, dot over the peanut butter then spread to the edges, very roughly swirling together with the spatula. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the top has a light crust but the centre still has a bit of a wobble. Leave to cool completely to firm up before slicing.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Coconut macaroon brownies
Izy Hossack’s coconut macaroon brownies are a breeze to make and the perfect combination of...