Peanut butter brownies
- January 2019
- Makes 24
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 16 min, plus cooling
Gooey, rich chocolate brownies made better with a swirl of salty peanut butter. The perfect brownies for peanut butter fans.
- 250g unsalted butter, cubed
- 300g dark chocolate (70 per cent cocoa solids), roughly chopped
- 80g good quality cocoa powder
- 400g caster sugar
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 130g plain flour, sifted
- 200g crunchy peanut butter
You’ll also need…
- 20cm x 30cm brownie tin, greased and lined with non-stick baking paper
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Melt the butter and chocolate in a small saucepan and set over a low heat. Remove from the heat, sift over the cocoa powder then beat together until smooth and glossy. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer to whisk the sugar and eggs until pale, creamy and the beaters leave a ribbon-like trail when raised from the batter. Add the chocolate mixture and fold together until smooth using a rubber spatula.
- Fold in the flour. Pour the batter into the tin, dot over the peanut butter then spread to the edges, very roughly swirling together with the spatula. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the top has a light crust but the centre still has a bit of a wobble. Leave to cool completely to firm up before slicing.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Coconut macaroon brownies
Izy Hossack’s coconut macaroon brownies are a breeze to make and the perfect combination of...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...