Sichuan smoky bacon cabbage
- February 2010
- Serves 6
- Takes 15 minutes to make
Our version of Sichuan cabbage stir-fry includes smoked bacon. It’s best served as part of a Chinese menu, or to use up Christmas leftovers.
Or, for a Chinese stir-fry that can stand alone as a family meal, try this prawn, cabbage and Sichuan pepper stir-fry.
- 8.4g (2.5g saturated)
- 1.1g (1g sugar)
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 medium red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Sichuan peppercorns
- 5 smoked streaky bacon rashers, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1 tsp Shaoxing rice wine
- 300g pointed cabbage, halved and shredded into 1cm pieces
- 1 tbsp black rice vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp chilli oil
- Pinch of salt
- Heat a wok over a medium heat. Add the groundnut oil and stir-fry the chilli and peppercorns for a few seconds, then add the bacon and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- When the bacon browns, add the rice wine and cabbage and stir-fry for a further 3 minutes. Season with black rice vinegar, lemon juice, chilli oil and the salt and toss together well before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Seared Asian-style beef and stir-fried savoy cabbage
Mix savoy cabbage with seared steak and Asian ingredients for a quick, easy dinner that’s...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...