Wilted spring greens with wild garlic
- April 2013
- Serves 6 as a side
- Takes 15 min to makes, 5 min to cook
Wild garlic brings a lovely mild, sweet flavour to spring greens in this springtime side dish recipe.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 4g fat (1.5g saturated)
- 4.9g (4.4g sugars)
- 1kg spring greens, hard central stem removed, finely sliced
- 150g wild garlic leaves, chopped (see tip)
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Good knob of butter
- Put the greens and garlic in a sauté pan over a medium heat, stirring with tongs. Add a very small splash of water and wilt for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sherry vinegar to the pan and reduce for 1 minute, then add the butter and season with sea salt and black pepper. Toss to coat in the buttery juices and serve immediately.
Wild garlic grows in shaded woodland during April and May. If you can’t get hold of any, use 3-4 cloves of young, new-season garlic (also known as wet or green garlic) or 1 clove of regular garlic instead.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick chicken recipes
Quick lentil, chicken, spring greens and broccoli soup
A soup recipe that’s anything but boring – this quick shortcut supper is bursting with...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...