Chicken, dill and potato salad with anchovy dressing and rye bread croutons
- August 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 15 min
Try something a little different for dinner this week with this Swedish-inspired salad. Bursting with flavour, nutritious ingredients and ready in 30 minutes – a great everyday recipe.
- 13g (2.1g saturated)
- 54.9g (4.3g sugars)
- 1.2kg new potatoes
- 3 slices dark rye bread, torn into 2-3cm pieces
- Small bunch fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 5 anchovy fillets in oil, drained
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ garlic clove
- 80g watercress
- ½ radicchio, shredded
- 2 cooked skinless British free-range chicken breasts, torn
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas 6. Cook the new potatoes in a large pan of salted boiling water for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the bread on a baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes until crisp, turning after 10 minutes.
- Put most of the dill, the anchovies, olive oil, vinegar and garlic in a mini food processor with 2 tbsp water and whizz to a fine purée.
- Halve the still-warm potatoes, then put in a large mixing bowl with the watercress, radicchio and torn chicken. Drizzle over the dressing, then stir well to combine. Add the rye bread croutons, then gently stir in with the rest of the chopped dill to serve.
You can use about 200g leftover roast chicken instead of the chicken breasts.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chipotle-griddled chicken salad with chorizo and quinoa
Diana Henry’s warm chipotle-griddled chicken salad recipe is made with avocado, spinach, spring onions and...