- June 2021
- Serves 1
- Hands on time 10 min, plus cooling time
Learn how to make a raspberry margarita with our easy cocktail recipe. Tequila and Grand Marnier are served over ice with homemade raspberry syrup and a touch of lime.
- 0.1g (0g saturated)
- 14.6g (14.6 sugars)
- 60ml good quality tequila
- 45ml raspberry syrup (see below)
- 30ml orange liqueur (Grand Marnier, Cointreau or Triple Sec)
- 1 cup crushed ice, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 3-4 fresh raspberries to serve
For the raspberry syrup (makes enough for 4 cocktails)
- 150g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 100g granulated sugar
- 50ml water
- Juice 1 lime
For the raspberry sugar rim
- Dash raspberry syrup
- 1 tbsp freeze-dried raspberry powder
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- For the raspberry syrup, combine the raspberries, sugar and water in a small pan and cook over a medium heat, stirring regularly until the sugar dissolves and the raspberries start to break down. Bring to a boil, then strain into a small bowl. Stir in the lime juice and leave to cool, then chill in the fridge until needed.
- To make the margarita, put the crushed ice in a cocktail shaker, then pour in the tequila, raspberry syrup and Grand Marnier. Secure the lid and shake vigorously for 1 minute.
- To serve, coat the rim of a glass with a little raspberry syrup. Stir together the raspberry powder and sugar on a flat plate. Dip the moistened rim of the glass into the sugar mix and tap to remove excess coating. Fill a glass with fresh crushed ice, the whole raspberries and a little extra raspberry syrup. Strain the margarita into the prepared glass and serve.
Scale up: For a picnic friendly cocktail to share, double or triple the recipe to suit your catering needs. Combine the tequila, raspberry syrup and Grand Marnier in a swing top glass bottle with 1 tbsp cold water per serve. Pack the garnishes separately to assemble on your picnic, no shaking required. Or skip the ceremony and serve the mix as is, over ice.
The raspberry syrup will keep, stored in the fridge for 5 days.
Rate & review