- 2022 September
- Serves 4
This colourful Italian classic is all about showcasing the best of simple ingredients. Here, we’ve used in-season tomatoes in a variety of shapes and sizes, along with creamy burrata and fragrant basil. It’s simple perfection!
Discover our favourite summer salads and sides.
- 10.8g (4.3g saturated)
- 7.5g (7.5g sugars)
- 800g ripe tomatoes, ideally heritage and a mix of shapes, sizes and colours
- 100g burrata
- 2 basil sprigs, leaves picked
- Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Thick balsamic vinegar to drizzle
- Use a serrated knife to cut the tomatoes into bite-size chunks. Season well with salt and spread them out on a serving platter. Nestle in the burrata then use a knife to split it open to reveal its gooey centre, then season with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Scatter over the basil leaves, tearing any large ones. Drizzle with the oil and vinegar.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Artichoke hearts with roasted tomatoes and mozzarella
This easy artichoke recipe pairs their earthiness with sweet tomatoes...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter