Harissa-spiced butter beans with peppers and feta
- June 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, cooking time 35 min
This easy vegetarian one-pot combines butter beans, harissa and sweet red peppers in one bright Mediterranean-style dish. Sprinkle over lots of feta cheese and serve with toasted pitta breads.
Or, swap butter beans for orzo in this tomato, olive and feta one-pot.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 14.8g (4.8g saturated)
- 19.5g (9.8g sugars)
- Olive oil
- 1 large sliced onion
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 3 large chopped tomatoes
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 3 chopped mixed sweet peppers
- 400g tin of drained and rinsed butter beans
- 2 tsp rose harissa
- 90g sliced black olives
- Splash of sherry vinegar
- Handful of roughly chopped parsley and dill
- 100g crumbled feta cheese
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat and fry the onion for 8 minutes until beginning to turn golden. Add the garlic and tomatoes, then fry for 5 minutes. Pour in the vegetable stock, stir in the peppers, bring to a simmer, then cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in a the butter beans, harissa, black olives and a splash of sherry vinegar, then simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle over a handful of roughly chopped parsley and dill, top with the feta cheese, then add a drizzle of olive oil. Taste and season with a little salt, if needed, and black pepper. Serve with toasted pitta breads, if you like.
Make up to 3 days ahead, keep covered in the fridge and reheat until piping hot.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Chicken and butter beans in a tomato, courgette and pepper sauce
Create this simple dish of chicken and butter beans in a tomato, courgette and pepper...
Chicken thigh recipes
Baked chicken thighs with peppers and butter beans
Make two portions of this healthy Mediterranean-style chicken and bean bake then pop one in...
Healthy fish recipes
Breaded harissa cod with lemon and red onion couscous
A super healthy cod recipe – with a spicy harissa breadcrumb topping – comes served...