Honey glazed parsnips with baked parmesan dip
- October 2016
- Serves 6-8 as a nibble
- Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 40-45 min
Serve golden glazed parsnips with a baked mascarpone and parmesan dip for an alternative to crisps at your next drinks, dinner or Christmas party.
This recipe also works as a fun sharing starter. Check out more of our easy starter recipes.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 26.4g (12.5g saturated)
- 22.1g (13.9g sugars)
- 1kg parsnips, cut into long fingers
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp clear honey
For the dip
- 250g mascarpone
- 50g Greek yogurt
- 60g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated, plus a little extra
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- A few fresh thyme sprigs, leaves stripped (a few leaves reserved)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Toss the parsnips in the olive oil in a large roasting tin, then spread them out and season well. Roast for 20 minutes, then remove the tin from the oven and drizzle the honey all over the parsnips, tossing to coat. Roast for another 15 minutes or until golden, sticky and crisp.
- Meanwhile, mix together all the dip ingredients and put in an ovenproof dish (about 500ml capacity). Put the dish on an oven rack underneath the parsnips for the last 15 minutes of the roasting time. Once the parsnips are done, remove them from the oven to cool a little and move the dip higher in the oven for another 5-10 minutes, so it browns on top. Remove once gently bubbling – it will have a ricotta-like consistency.
- Put the parsnips and dip on a platter and scatter the parsnips with salt and a few thyme leaves. Serve – and warn people that the dip will be hot!
Combine the dip ingredients as in step 2, then cover and chill for up to 6 hours. Bring back to room temperature before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...